Abrablast Recycled Glass Abrasive
Abrablast is a versatile blasting media used in the SATBlast Vapour Blasting Machine
What is Abrablast (Recycled Glass) Abrasive?
Abrablast Abrasive is a versatile media which consists of a controlled mixture of inert recycled products, the majority being angular Glass Grit and Calcium Silicate. It is often used and as effective alternative to J Blast Copper Slag as there is less risk of environmental contamination.
Abrablast (Recycled Glass) Abrasive is a versatile blasting media. In Medium grade it is an all round abrasive suitable for use on a wide variety of substrates. In Fine grade it is ideal for use in our SATBlast vapour blasting system to provide an adequate profile for various coatings.
Typical uses for the Abrablast Abrasive are :-
• General open blasting
• Wet Blasting with the SAT Blast
• Preparation for paint spraying on metals
• Removal of paint and coating on Plastics & Composites:
• Surface preparation of wood in fine grade
Grade of Abrablast Abrasive Blasting Media
- Abrablast Medium – Grain Size 0.2 – 1.5 mm
- Abrablast Fine Grain Size 0.2 – 0.7 mm
- Abrablast Medium – A versatile media which can be used in most applications
- Abrablast Fine – Ideal for use in our SATBlast Vapour Blasting Blast System, but also a dry blast applications were a lower blast profile or finer finish is required.